Cryptocurrency investment firm Arcane Crypto is planning to launch an exchange-traded product (ETP) with Valour Structured Products Inc. later this year.
- Norway-based Arcane said Wednesday it has signed a letter of intent with Valour, which is a subsidiary of Canadian company DeFi Technologies Inc.
- The ETP will be based on Arcane's crypto fund and will allow investors to buy and sell the product through their brokers, tracking the performance of the Arcane Assets Fund.
- “Valour has successfully launched several ETPs tracking cryptocurrencies in the past and is an ideal partner for us,” said Arcane Crypto CEO Torbjørn Bull Jenssen.
- In Europe, regulators are showing an increased willingness to list cryptocurrency ETPs as the asset class grows in popularity.
- On June 1, four investment firms – WisdomTree, VanEck, 21Shares and the ETC Group – all received approval to list ETPs on the Euronext stock exchanges in Paris and Amsterdam.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.