Cryptocurrency investment firm Arcane Crypto is planning to launch an exchange-traded product (ETP) with Valour Structured Products Inc. later this year.
- Norway-based Arcane said Wednesday it has signed a letter of intent with Valour, which is a subsidiary of Canadian company DeFi Technologies Inc.
- The ETP will be based on Arcane's crypto fund and will allow investors to buy and sell the product through their brokers, tracking the performance of the Arcane Assets Fund.
- “Valour has successfully launched several ETPs tracking cryptocurrencies in the past and is an ideal partner for us,” said Arcane Crypto CEO Torbjørn Bull Jenssen.
- In Europe, regulators are showing an increased willingness to list cryptocurrency ETPs as the asset class grows in popularity.
- On June 1, four investment firms – WisdomTree, VanEck, 21Shares and the ETC Group – all received approval to list ETPs on the Euronext stock exchanges in Paris and Amsterdam.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, institutional digital assets exchange. Bullish group is majority owned by Block.one; both groups have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary, and an editorial committee, chaired by a former editor-in-chief of The Wall Street Journal, is being formed to support journalistic integrity.