Cryptocurrencies.AI Raises $8M to Merge Decentralized and Centralized Trading
The firm is building a centralized exchange and a decentralized one on the Solana blockchain.
Cryptocurrencies.AI, a trading platform with centralized and decentralized components, has raised $8 million in a funding round including Alameda Research, Alphabit and other investors.
- Cryptocurrencies.AI's aim is to debunk the belief that decentralized finance is inherently complex and separate from centralized finance, according to an announcement Thursday.
- The crypto industry "all too often accepts frustratingly poor user experience and fragmentation as both crypto natives and newcomers are forced to use a variety of different tools to optimize their trading strategies," according to CEO Hisham Khan, a former project lead at Bloomberg.
- "We’re changing that by bringing everything into one place," Khan said.
- Its decentralized exchange (DEX) will be built on the Solana blockchain, while its centralized exchange (CEX) will harness a strategic partnership with Binance.
- DFG, AU21, Master Ventures, Fomocraft Ventures, Protocol Ventures, A195, GBIC and Rarestone Capital also took part in the funding round.
See also: CEXs vs. DEXs: The Future Battle Lines
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2024, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.