- The company has formed a partnership with TravelBank to offer the program, Brex said Wednesday.
- Business clients, including Airbnb, Carta, Classpass and Y Combinator, will be able to redeem points for crypto in what Brex says is the first such program for businesses.
- Sam Blond, Brex's chief sales officer, said the company has been considering decentralized finance and the crypto market.
- The company offers business credit cards and cash-management accounts and provides bookkeeping to tech firms.
- The addition of the new option to the rewards program, which was launched in 2018, reflects Brex’s belief that cryptocurrency will play a big role in the future of finance, the firm said.
- The company completed the Y Combinator accelerator funding program for startups in 2017 and has raised over $940 million in venture capital.
Correction (May 12, 15:38 UTC): Coinbase is not partnering with Brex on the product. Users can deposit rewards into crypto wallets like those offered by Coinbase.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.