Hashdex, a Brazilian crypto asset manager, has raised $26 million in investments.
- Venture capital firm Valor Capital Group led the funding, with SoftBank, Coinbase Ventures and other local investors also participating, Bloomberg reported Wednesday.
- The Rio de Janeiro-based company, founded in 2018, has about 4 billion reais (almost $76 million) in assets under management.
- “Investors are still getting to know crypto, and we see room to offer more products in Brazil,” Hashdex CEO and former Microsoft executive Marcelo Sampaio told Bloomberg.
- Hashdex plans to expand beyond Brazil and boost its staff from 25 to as many as 100 by the end of this year.
- The firm recently launched a crypto index fund, the Hashdex Nasdaq Crypto Index Fundo de Indice.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.