The Brooker Group, a publicly listed financial consultancy based in Thailand, plans to invest nearly $50 million in decentralized finance (DeFi) and decentralized application (dapp) projects.
- Brooker will invest in more than 15 high-growth companies including Binance, Uniswap and Filecoin, according to an emailed statement Tuesday.
- The company plans for digital assets, DeFi and dapps to make up around 50% of total assets.
- Varit Bulakul, head of Brooker's digital-asset division and international business finance advisory, said there is a responsibility to invest emerging technologies “or risk being left behind as the sector matures.”
- The company also holds bitcoin, reporting first-quarter holdings of 122.315 BTC at an aggregate value of around $6.6 million.
- Brooker's digital assets will be held at exchanges such as Coinbase and Binance until it chooses a custody provider, according to the announcement.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.