NYDIG has bought a commercial lender to extend its reach across the institutional bitcoin landscape.
- Arctos Capital provides financing solutions to bitcoin miners and other crypto firms, according to a Thursday announcement.
- Earlier this year NYDIG acquired Digital Assets Data, a crypto research and analytics firm.
- "We are thrilled about joining NYDIG to continue building financing solutions and other services that support the growth of the bitcoin mining industry across North America," Arctos Capital Managing Partner Trevor Smyth said in a statement.
- The terms of the deal were not disclosed.
- NYDIG, a bitcoin-focused spin-off of Stone Ridge Asset Management, has raised $300 million since March from big names including Liberty Mutual, New York Life, George Soros, Morgan Stanley and more.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, institutional digital assets exchange. Bullish group is majority owned by Block.one; both groups have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary, and an editorial committee, chaired by a former editor-in-chief of The Wall Street Journal, is being formed to support journalistic integrity.