Galaxy Digital named former Goldman Sachs executive Michael Daffey as its chairman.
- The appointment, announced Friday, is in preparation for the firm’s U.S. public stock offering.
- The investment management firm currently trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
- Mike Novogratz, who will remain as CEO, said in March that the company will list in the U.S. in the second half of the year.
- Daffey was most recently chairman of Goldman Sachs’ global market division, with his retirement announced in March.
- He also recently bought a $51 million New York City mansion previously belonging to convicted sex criminal Jeffrey Epstein.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.