Cryptocurrency startup Atani has completed a $6.25 million seed funding round, the company announced Tuesday.
- The Madrid-based startup is a non-custodial platform offering trading and portfolio monitoring on 22 different exchanges, including Coinbase Pro, Binance and Bitstamp.
- The platform also provides a tax-reporting tool, which generates an automatic report valid in over 30 countries.
- The funding round was led by early Flywire investor JME Ventures and included participation from Conexo Ventures, Encomenda Smart Capital and Lanai Partners.
- The funding will be used to build out additional features for advanced users such as API trading.
- Atani’s total funding now sits at $7 million following $750,000 pre-seed funding in May 2019.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.