MicroStrategy (MSTR) still isn't done buying bitcoin, although its latest purchase is significantly smaller than usual.
- The business intelligence firm announced its purchase of an additional 328 BTC for $15 million in cash on Monday.
- The business intelligence company's latest investment comes less than a week after it spent over $1 billion on bitcoin.
- To date, MicroStrategy hold 90,859 BTC with an average purchase price of $24,063.
- That total is worth around $4.38 billion on the market at press time.
- CEO Michael Saylor tweeted the holdings had been bought for around $2.186 billion, meaning the firm is already sitting on a roughly $2 billion profit.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.