MicroStrategy (MSTR) still isn't done buying bitcoin, although its latest purchase is significantly smaller than usual.
- The business intelligence firm announced its purchase of an additional 328 BTC for $15 million in cash on Monday.
- The business intelligence company's latest investment comes less than a week after it spent over $1 billion on bitcoin.
- To date, MicroStrategy hold 90,859 BTC with an average purchase price of $24,063.
- That total is worth around $4.38 billion on the market at press time.
- CEO Michael Saylor tweeted the holdings had been bought for around $2.186 billion, meaning the firm is already sitting on a roughly $2 billion profit.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, institutional digital assets exchange. Bullish group is majority owned by Block.one; both groups have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary, and an editorial committee, chaired by a former editor-in-chief of The Wall Street Journal, is being formed to support journalistic integrity.