Yearn is "joining forces" with market coverage provider Cover, capping a busy week for the decentralized finance (DeFi) protocol.
- Yearn's Andre Cronje said Cover will become the backstop coverage provider for Yearn, and for DeFi as a whole.
- Cover will also be able to expand into a new Cover money market, making the CLAIM token collateral and a borrowable asset.
- For its part, Yearn will get coverage for its vaults and be able to offer its users a reduced risk product.
- Yearn developers have worked with Cover Protocol developers since inception, so this collaboration came "naturally" for both parties, Cronje said.
- In the past week, Yearn announced a partnership with Pickle Finance, a yield farming protocol; a vault integration with Argent, a crypto wallet; and a merger with Cream Finance, a lending protocol.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.