JPMorgan Blockchain Lead Christine Moy has been promoted to lead the bank’s Ethereum-based Interbank Information Network (IIN), according to a memo sent to employees on Thursday.
- According to JPMorgan, more than 400 banks have joined the network, including more than half of the top 50 banks.
- Moy will take the IIN lead from the bank’s global head of clearing, John Hunter, who helped create IIN in 2017.
- Hunter is now exclusively focused on clearing but will be a senior adviser to the IIN team, bank spokesperson Jessica Francisco said in an emailed statement.
- Moy will continue to helm the Blockchain Center of Excellence, where she has led initiatives around digital assets, tokenized payments and digital identity.
- Moy started her career in the bank’s syndicated loans business and has experience across a range of assets and divisions within the bank.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.