JPMorgan's Blockchain Lead Is Now in Charge of Ethereum-Based Interbank Information Network
JPMorgan Blockchain Lead Christine Moy has been promoted to lead the bank’s Ethereum-based Interbank Information Network (INN).
JPMorgan Blockchain Lead Christine Moy has been promoted to lead the bank’s Ethereum-based Interbank Information Network (IIN), according to a memo sent to employees on Thursday.
- The network was developed to solve some of the challenges in interbank information sharing, and rivals upstarts including Ripple and Transferwise. It’s powered by Quorum, the permissioned-variant of the Ethereum blockchain acquired by ConsenSys in August.
- According to JPMorgan, more than 400 banks have joined the network, including more than half of the top 50 banks.
- Moy will take the IIN lead from the bank’s global head of clearing, John Hunter, who helped create IIN in 2017.
- Hunter is now exclusively focused on clearing but will be a senior adviser to the IIN team, bank spokesperson Jessica Francisco said in an emailed statement.
- Moy will continue to helm the Blockchain Center of Excellence, where she has led initiatives around digital assets, tokenized payments and digital identity.
- Moy started her career in the bank’s syndicated loans business and has experience across a range of assets and divisions within the bank.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2024, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.