Bison Trails has hired BlockTower Capital’s former legal and compliance director to be its first general counsel.
- Elizabeth Ralston will be in charge of all legal, risk, compliance and policy matters at the blockchain infrastructure startup.
- Prior to her time at BlockTower Capital, Ralston was a vice president at investment bank Goldman Sachs.
- While at BlockTower, Ralston negotiated agreements with custodians, exchanges, over-the-counter desks, software providers and other service providers. She also handled venture investments in early-stage companies.
- Ralston will tackle some of the same issues at Bison Trails, with a focus on tax implications for crypto investors participating in proof-of-stake networks.
- “Given that thoughtful regulation is integral to mass adoption, I look forward to setting a regulatory precedent that paves the way for this budding ecosystem,” Ralston said in a press statement. “I am determined to fiercely advocate for this transformative industry and effectively engage with regulators on behalf of Bison Trails.”
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by Bullish, a cryptocurrency exchange, which in turn is owned by Block.one, a firm with interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets including bitcoin and EOS. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary, and an editorial committee, chaired by a former editor-in-chief of The Wall Street Journal, is being formed to support journalistic integrity.