Pantera Capital Leads $2.6M Seed Round for DEX Protocol Injective
The protocol, incubated by Binance Labs, sets out to solve some of the issues facing users of decentralized exchanges.
Injective Protocol, a decentralized derivatives exchange protocol incubated by Binance Labs, has raised $2.6 million in a seed funding round.
- Led by Pantera Capital, the round also saw Asia-based QCP Soteria, Axia8 Ventures and Boxone Ventures, Bitlink Capital and others participate, Injective announced Wednesday.
- Injective Protocol sets out to resolve scalability issues and bottlenecks that can mar the user experience on decentralized exchanges (DEXs).
- The project was one of eight inducted into the Binance Labs Incubation Program in 2018, with the mission to resolve some of the shortcomings DEXs face, such as high latency and poor liquidity.
- Aside from the seed investment, the group of investors will also provide liquidity solutions for Injective and support its business developments and global brand recognition, according to the press release.
- Pantera Capital partner Paul Veradittakit said the investment firm led the round because of its belief that Injective is a "strong contender" for expanding decentralized finance (DeFi) beyond Ethereum's platform.
- The funding comes as the protocol prepares for a mainnet launch and a new token to be issued in the latter half of 2020.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2024, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.