Three Arrows, Framework Invest in DeFi Site Aave With $3M LEND Token Sale
Framework Ventures and Three Arrows Capital announced a $3 million investment in Aave, the firm behind the third-largest lending platform in DeFi.
Framework Ventures and Three Arrows Capital announced Wednesday a $3 million investment in Aave, the firm behind the third-largest lending platform in decentralized finance (DeFi).
- The two funds purchased Aave's native LEND tokens directly from the company. LEND has appreciated 1,200% on a year-to-date basis.
- "We believe there will be a significant market shift of private borrow/lend activity moving to decentralized money market protocols," Framework Ventures' Michael Anderson said in a statement. "Aave stands to significantly benefit from this underlying shift."
- The total value locked (TVL) on Aave is currently $218.6 million, according to DeFi Pulse. The top lending protocol, Compound, has $695.4 million worth of crypto assets "locked in" to its system.
- Aave's TVL has spiked with the rest of the DeFi market since the general upturn began following the release of Compound's COMP token on June 15. The value of assets locked on Aave is up over 250% since mid-June.
- Aave sits in a similar place in the market to Compound, but offers more assets for deposits and borrows. Compound currently lists nine; Aave lists 17.
- "Our focus has always been innovation and diligent risk management," Aave founder Stani Kulechov said in a statement.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2024, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.