NASCAR driver Darrell "Bubba" Wallace has a new sponsorship deal that will see him sport the Bitcoin logo at race events.
- According to a tweet from Twitter founder Jack Dorsey on Wednesday, Wallace's race car will also feature the logo of Cash App, the mobile payments platform from Square, also founded by Dorsey.
- Cash App offers mobile banking services, as well as the ability to invest in stocks and bitcoin.
- Founder Dorsey is famously pro-bitcoin, having set up a team within Square – Square Crypto – to help with development of the cryptocurrency.
- He also added a feature to Twitter earlier this year that produced a bitcoin logo emoji when the hashtag is tweeted.
- Wallace is a professional race driver competing in the NASCAR Cup Series in a Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE.
- An African-American, he recently made headlines after successfully pushing for the Confederate flag to be banned from NASCAR events during the Black Lives Matter protests.
CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that covers the cryptocurrency industry. Its journalists abide by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by the Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, digital assets exchange. The Bullish group is majority-owned by Block.one; both companies have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary with an editorial committee to protect journalistic independence. CoinDesk offers all employees above a certain salary threshold, including journalists, stock options in the Bullish group as part of their compensation.