Grayscale has reported its best quarter ever after it raised a total of $906 million for its crypto products in Q2 2020.
- The New York-based fund provider reportedhttps://grayscale.co/insights/grayscale-q2-2020-digital-asset-investment-report/ two consecutive record quarters Wednesday, with more than $400 million increase in capital inflows quarter-on-quarter.
- Grayscale raised $500 million in Q1 2020 – the previous record.
- Overall, Grayscale raised $1.4 billion in the first half of this year, the first time capital crossed the billion-dollar mark in a six month time frame, it said.
- Grayscale is part of Digital Currency Group, CoinDesk's parent company.
- The firm creates single asset funds that allow investors to gain exposure to cryptocurrencies in a regulated asset-class.
- This week's results mean total cumulative inflows into Grayscale's products since inception has more than doubled to $2.6 billion.
- The vast majority of commits (85%) came from institutional investors in H1 2020; Grayscale said most have started diversifying away from just bitcoin.
- Total capital inflows into altcoin products increased 35% quarter over quarter; it's up nearly 650% over the 12-month period.
- Inflows into the Ethereum Trust made up 15% across the whole product range in Q2 2020: an all-time high.
- Bitcoin trust inflows came to $751 million in the same quarter; Grayscale successfully registered it with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in January.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.