Cardano developer house IOHK has made a six-figure investment into Wave Financial, its partner for a new $20 million Cardano fund.
- An IOHK spokesperson confirmed the investment had just been made, but declined to comment on the equity arrangement and any plans to make further commits into Wave.
- CoinDesk understands the sum isn't big enough for IOHK, a Hong Kong-based company, to have significant sway over Wave's corporate governance.
- Charles Hoskinson, IOHK's CEO, will become an advisor to Wave Financial as part of the deal.
- IOHK invested $10 million into a joint "cFund" to support startups and early-stage businesses working on Cardano and other IOHK tech initiatives last week.
- Wave Financial, a private company based in Los Angeles and London, said it would raise the other $10 million from external investors.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.