Bitcoin and viral memes are two of the greatest gifts of the Internet.
Hence, it makes perfect sense to pay tribute to both in a rundown of the best bitcoin memes making the rounds on cyberspace.
1. Let's establish who the bitcoin owners are:
However, thanks to a little something called 'anonymity', we'll never really know exactly who owns what, although some have tried.
2. They took the blue pill:
While it may take Neo some time to get ready, you can already buy lots with your bitcoins.
3. Bitcoin is going to be explosive:
But could it be worth more than an ounce of gold?
4. You can go places with bitcoin:
5. But not everyone loves bitcoin:
6. What we are all wondering:
It might be these guys in Asia.
7. This could be their strategy:
All hail Queen B? These contenders are catching up. Some did really well last year.
8. There were definitely some winners in bitcoin:
If you want to know exactly what happened with the value of bitcoin, then make sure you read this.
9. And then there was Chuck Norris:
But sadly, lots of other people were not able to do so.
10. Rejoice! The chosen one has been found:
Maybe not. But, this is what Newsweek speculated.
11. Just in case the man didn't make himself clear enough:
Because one does not simply find Satoshi Nakamoto.
Got your own favourite? Tweet @CoinDesk and let us know.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.