In his latest essay, the Bridgewater chief argues the U.S. could impose capital controls and ban non-sovereign monies.
Today on The Breakdown, NLW reviews Ray Dalio’s latest essay, looking at:
- The six reasons why it doesn’t make sense to hold bonds anymore
- Why holding bonds is especially troubling in the concept of growing government money printing
- Why sovereign bond holdings are shifting from the U.S. to China
- Why proposed wealth taxes are likely just the beginning of a more aggressive period of financial regulation
- Why we could see the government try to ban gold and bitcoin as their grip on reserve currency status weakens
Image credit: Jason Alden/Bloomberg/Getty Images