After his most recent stint teaching about blockchain at MIT, former CFTC head Gary Gensler is reportedly the next SEC Chair.
Today on the Brief:
- Visa drops $5.3B Plaid acquisition after DOJ antitrust suit
- ECB President Christine Lagarde discusses bitcoin and digital euro
- Acting OCC chief Brian Brooks to step down this week
Our main discussion: Gary Gensler rumored to be the new SEC Chair.
In this episode, NLW discusses:
- Gensler’s background at Goldman, CFTC and MIT
- Gensler’s MIT course
- Previous statements on Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Ripple
- The crypto communities reaction to Gensler at the SEC
Image credit: Alex Wong/Getty Images News