GameStop Unveils Crypto and NFT Wallet, Shares Jump 3%
A beta version of the self-custodial Ethereum wallet is available to download now from GameStop's website.
Video game retailer GameStop (GME) has unveiled a digital asset wallet for storing, sending and receiving crypto and non-fungible tokens (NFTs) ahead of the launch of its NFT marketplace later this year.
- A beta version of the self-custodial Ethereum wallet is available to download now from GameStop's website.
- The wallet will enable gamers to send and receive in-game assets without having to leave their web browsers.
- GameStop, in its fourth-quarter earnings report in March, announced its plans to start a NFT marketplace by the end of July.
- The firm partnered with layer 2 system Immutable X for its marketplace, which will sit atop the Ethereum blockchain.
- Shares of GameStop, which trade on the New York Stock Exchange, were up 2.67% at $98.21 in premarket trading.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.