- The poll had received more than 500,000 votes within 20 minutes of its posting, with the overwhelming majority (~75%) replying "Yes."
- The Tesla CEO appeared on "Saturday Night Live" on May 8 in which some jokes about DOGE may have triggered a downturn in the meme-based crypto's price.
- He famously described DOGE as his "fav cryptocurrency" on Twitter in April 2019.
- Thanks in part to Musk's tweets, the price of dogecoin has risen by nearly 11,000% year to date.
- The poll has prompted a bounce in DOGE's price, trading at $0.52 at the time of writing compared to $0.46 beforehand.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.