- The company has formed a partnership with TravelBank to offer the program, Brex said Wednesday.
- Business clients, including Airbnb, Carta, Classpass and Y Combinator, will be able to redeem points for crypto in what Brex says is the first such program for businesses.
- Sam Blond, Brex's chief sales officer, said the company has been considering decentralized finance and the crypto market.
- The company offers business credit cards and cash-management accounts and provides bookkeeping to tech firms.
- The addition of the new option to the rewards program, which was launched in 2018, reflects Brex’s belief that cryptocurrency will play a big role in the future of finance, the firm said.
- The company completed the Y Combinator accelerator funding program for startups in 2017 and has raised over $940 million in venture capital.
See also: Taking Stock of How Far Crypto Has Come
Correction (May 12, 15:38 UTC): Coinbase is not partnering with Brex on the product. Users can deposit rewards into crypto wallets like those offered by Coinbase.