Two of the world’s ten most populous countries have or are considering crypto bans: Here’s what it means.
This episode is sponsored by Nexo.io.
On today’s episode, NLW examines two governments' attempts to restrict how their citizens interact with crypto. He breaks down:
- India’s history with crypto bans
- India’s history with demonetization and financial control
- What we know about a new bill that would ban crypto and provide a framework for an Indian government digital currency
- Recent action by the Central Bank of Nigeria to block banks from interacting with crypto
- Why the CBN action might be related to the politics of the #EndSars movement
Image credit: Jason Alden/Bloomberg via Getty Images