The implications of Elon Musk’s purchase on bitcoin’s climate narrative, other Fortune 500 treasury management strategies and more.
This episode is sponsored by Nexo.io.
Elon Musk’s Tesla (TSLA) has purchased $1.5 billion in bitcoin as a treasury reserve asset. Additionally, the company will soon be allowing people to pay for Teslas with bitcoin.
In this episode, NLW breaks down:
- How Elon got to this moment, including his exchanges with MicroStrategy’s (MSTR) Michael Saylor
- What critics of the Tesla community and the bitcoin community are likely to say
- How this de-risks bitcoin purchases for other Fortune 500 companies
- How it relates to Elon’s doge memeing
- Why this is likely to have a significant impact on bitcoin’s narrative regarding climate change and energy use
- Why Cathie Wood is laughing all the way to the bank.
Image credit: Britta Pedersen/Getty Images Entertainment