On today’s episode, NLW looks at recent crypto industry news, including:
- Yuga Labs’ purchase of CryptoPunks and Meebits
- A leak deck about Yuga’s metaverse ambitions
- HSBC becomes the first bank in The Sandbox
- Fundraising from ConsenSys and an ex-Meta team
- The mayors of Miami and New York City say “HODL”
See also: The First NFT Monopoly
“The Breakdown” is written, produced by and features Nathaniel Whittemore aka NLW, with editing by Rob Mitchell, research by Scott Hill and additional production support by Eleanor Pahl. Adam B. Levine is our executive producer and our theme music is “Countdown” by Neon Beach. The music you heard today behind our sponsor is “I Don't Know How To Explain It” by Aaron Sprinkle. Image credit: PM Images/Getty Images, modified by CoinDesk. Join the discussion at discord.gg/VrKRrfKCz8.