With a rise in ransomware attacks, many are jumping to blame bitcoin and crypto. Are they right?
This episode is sponsored by Nexo.io.
Today on the Brief:
- China’s next digital yuan trial
- More bitcoin ETF delays
- Standard Chartered to open crypto prime brokerage
Our main discussion focuses on the rise of ransomware. NLW examines:
- The real reasons ransomware is on the rise
- The factors beyond crypto payments that contribute to ransomware
- Why some are using ransomware as justification for crypto bans
- Why crypto bans would be painfully ineffective at stopping ransomware
- Why the Biden administration’s response to ransomware should give the crypto industry cause for optimism