This episode is sponsored by EY.
On this episode of “Money Reimagined,” Michael Casey and Sheila Warren explore Europe's post-Brexit landscape and its impact on the region. They discussed the implementation of the Markets in Crypto-Assets Regulation (MICA) and how Europe competes compared to the United States. Casey and Warren emphasize the importance of understanding the opportunities presented by cryptocurrencies and the need for effective governance. Why does Europe seem more concerned about privacy and data than the U.S.? Overall, they provide valuable insights into the evolving landscape of crypto regulation and Europe's role in shaping its digital future.
- Introduction. 0:00
- Biggest takeaways from the week. 2:21
- Coindesk’s thoughts on the consensus. 6:13
- The underlying architecture of the internet. 10:11
- Data Protection Regulation in Europe. 14:27
- Bringing homogeneity to the Euro. 18:15
- How did the crypto community lobby in Brussels? 23:15
- The role of the United States in tech. 28:22
- Technology vs. companies. 31:17
- International regulatory framework for crypto. 36:12
From our Sponsor:
EY blockchain solutions can transform the business lifecycle for digital ecosystems, by promoting trust, transparency, privacy and efficiency. EY: Helping you build a better working world. Find out more at blockchain.ey.com
Money Reimagined has been produced and edited by senior producer Michele Musso and our executive producer is Jared Schwartz. Our theme song is “AITA” by Neon Beach.