Preston Byrne is a partner in Anderson Kill’s Technology, Media and Distributed Systems Group, and a CoinDesk columnist.
He joins CoinDesk Features Editor Ben Schiller to discuss his recent op-ed about GameStop, Robinhood and the rise of online mobs.
See the article here:
‘The Squeezening’: How the GameStop Backlash Will Curtail Freedom
Schiller spoke to Byrne about:
- The rise of online mobs from GameStop to Capitol Hill and how the internet is impacting real life in an increasingly tangible way
- What policymakers can do to prevent mobs doing damage to decent companies
- Why it’s likely the WallStreetBets Reddit contained some pump-and-dumpers
- How the regulatory reaction to the WallStreetBets could impact cryptocurrencies
- How the backlash from “elites” impacted by GameStop could harm free speech
- Why Preston Byrne supports marmots (which are like squirrels or groundhogs)