- The world's largest cryptocurrency exchange Binance has frozen accounts that received more than 93,000 ether from two wallets indirectly linked to the troubled Russian exchange WEX.
- Former Federal Reserve chair Janet Yellen has been gifted a small amount of bitcoin.
- The Indian government is considering imposing a ban on what it calls "private cryptocurrencies" in the country.
- The Hong Kong Stock Exchange (HKEX) has teamed up with distributed ledger startup Digital Asset to develop a blockchain platform for post-trade processing.
- A cryptocurrency ticker application called CoinTicker appears to be installing two backdoors on computers made by Apple, cybersecurity firm Malwarebytes warned Monday.
Late Confirmation is a CoinDesk production.