Join hosts Adam B. Levine and Stephanie Murphy, along with special guest Josh Scigala, CEO of Vaultoro, for a wide-ranging exploration of the growing asset class of “stablecoins.”
On this episode we discuss:
- The possibility of central banks or regulators banning private 1:1 stablecoins.
- The challenges faced by early, decentralized, over-collateralized stablecoins.
- How negative interest rates will drive 1:1 stablecoins into fractional reserve.
- The potential weaponization of unlimited money printing to take control of limited resources.
- The scenario where governments freeze bank accounts connected to 1:1 backed coins in an attempt to destroy the wider crypto economy.
- The potential for mismanagement of funds by 1:1 companies and threat of a Lehman Brothers 2.0.
- The shrinking but still dangerous dearth of transparency within the biggest stablecoin balance sheets.
- Why regulators can’t seem to keep up with real solutions.
- Why Josh believes decentralized stablecoins present a better set of tradeoffs.
Any questions or comments? Send us an email at email@example.com