What’s old is new again!
What happens when you combine a mostly hibernating memecoin with the world’s most powerful (and controversial) meme platform, and throw in a new generation of daytraders that have become convinced that they can drive the price of anything up?
The great TikTok Doge pump of 2020, of course.
In this episode, NLW breaks down:
- The history of Dogecoin
- How TikTok became one of the most popular, influential, and controversial apps in the world
- Why the r/WallStreetBets, Davey Day Trader Global Global, and Robinhood Rally day trader movement perfectly set up this pump
- How #TikTokDogecoinChallenge began to trend
- What has happened to Dogecoin since the trend started
- Why this all makes a weird sort of cynical sense
Excerpts/Clips in this episode