Today we also look at a big win for privacy from Apple, new jobless claims in the “whack-a-mole” economy and the biggest BTC options expiry ever.
Today’s edition of The Breakdown is an extended version of the Brief, this time covering five topics.
- New Jobless claims - sticking stubbornly at ~1.5 million new claims per week, despite economist expectations
- The “whack-a-mole” economy - Former Treasury Secretary Lawrence Summers predicts as much as 30% of the economy may need to close to get COVID-19 under control
- PlusToken scam pressure on BTC price: Has scam selling suppressed the price of bitcoin since early last year?
- Biggest ever bitcoin option expiry; more than $1 billion in notational value BTC options are set to expire tomorrow, Friday, June 26
- Apple’s UX privacy triumph: Users will have to opt-in to allow apps to track them across other apps as well