A conversation with the outspoken pro-bitcoin, anti-surveillance human rights advocate and global power expert.
Alex Gladstein is the chief strategy officer of the Human Rights Foundation. He is a powerful voice for the role of bitcoin in combating authoritarianism around the globe.
In today's episode, he and NLW discuss:
- What the protests tell us about the state of democracy in the U.S.
- The potential impact of protests and COVID-19 on surveillance norms
- The potential for a "biological Patriot Act"
- The implications of China's push to absorb Hong Kong
- The relevance or irrelevance of China's digital currency
- The role of bitcoin in promoting freedom