Bitcoin (BTC) continues to gain ground, reaching a breakeven for the week. The move has put critical technical resistance in the cross hairs.
- The leading cryptocurrency briefly topped the $21,000 mark, extending the recovery from the late Wednesday low of $18,892. At that price, the cryptocurrency was down nearly 9% on the week, according to chart provided by TradingView.
- With the price bounce, the bear flag breakdown, a bearish continuation pattern confirmed on the daily chart earlier this week, has failed.
- The relative strength index on the four-hour chart has crossed into bullish territory above 50 in support of a continued move higher.
- The focus is now on the resistance level of $22,600, which is the moving average of 200 weekly charts. After that, the next major hurdle would be at $25,338, the low reached on Coinbase on May 12.
- The outlook will flip bearish if Wednesday's low of $18,892 is breached.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.