Brantly Millegan Remains a Director of ENS Foundation After Failed Attempt to Boot Him
Millegan was removed as a steward from the DAO and the True Names Foundation, but remains a director at the ENS Foundation.
Brantly Millegan will remain as the director of the Cayman-registered Ethereum Name Service Foundation after a vote to remove him failed.
- This drama began in early February after a 2016 tweet surfaced where Millegan expressed views condemning homosexuality, transgenderism, abortion and other issues.
- In the end, the results were 43.39% against Millegan’s removal, 37.51% for it, and 19% abstaining.
- The ENS Foundation is the legal representation of the decentralized autonomous organization (DAO).
- ENS token holders were eligible to vote. Each token held represented one vote.
- Nick Johnson, founder and lead developer of ENS, who fired Millegan from True Names Ltd., a company owned by the foundation to manage the code development, abstained from voting, according to on-chain data.
- In the past, Johnson said he was a supporter of Millegan, tweeting that he had “never seen Brantly treat anyone as different or lesser because of who they are.”
- After the vote concluded, Millegan wrote that he believes “ENS is for everyone” and he looks forward to getting back to work in building ENS.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.