- UNIDOWN and LTCDOWN – which generate leveraged gains when the underlying crypto assets decrease in price – will undergo a 100,000:1 reverse token split, Binance announced Monday.
- This process consolidates existing tokens into a smaller number with higher value.
- Users with 1 million of the tokens before the split will have 10 after, users with 1 billion tokens before the split will have 10,000 after and so on.
- Binance will suspend trading in the tokens at 3:00 a.m. UTC Aug. 17, taking a snapshot of the balance in users' accounts, then update them 24 hours later before resuming trading.
- The company advised users to redeem their existing tokens into USDT before the start of the split to protect against fluctuations in price during the process.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by Bullish group, owner of Bullish, a regulated, institutional digital assets exchange. Bullish group is majority owned by Block.one; both groups have interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets, including bitcoin. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary, and an editorial committee, chaired by a former editor-in-chief of The Wall Street Journal, is being formed to support journalistic integrity.