- The machines will expand the company's theoretical hash rate capacity by 165 PH/s, BIT Mining announced Wednesday.
- Delivery is expected in a week's time, following which the machines will be shipped to Kazakhstan, where 3,819 have already been deployed, the announcement said.
- BIT Mining dispatched its first consignment of mining machines to the central Asian country in June, saying at the time that it expected to deliver another 2,600 before the start of July.
- The central Asian country is one of the preferred destinations for mining firms migrating from China following the crackdown on the industry there.
- BIT Mining also made a $25 million investment in May to build a mining facility in Texas.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.