The investment arm of crypto exchange Huobi made a strategic investment in decentralized-finance (DeFi) platform Beyond Finance.
- As part of the investment, Huobi will advise Beyond Finance on creating a decentralized "synthetic-asset" platform, according to an announcement Wednesday. Sythetic assets are tokenized derivatives.
- The size of the investment wasn't disclosed.
- Beyond Finance's other institutional investors include Consensus Capital and OKEx Blockdream Ventures.
- The partnership will also see Beyond Finance integrated into Heco, a public blockchain created by Huobi and designed to offer Ethereum developers a low-cost and interoperable platform for building DeFi applications.
- Last month, Huobi said it was dedicating $100 million to invest in DeFi projects and make acquisitions.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.