The price of scaling solution Polygon Network's native token, MATIC, rose for a third straight day, reaching a record high above 60 cents.
- Messari data shows the MATIC price 13% higher on the day near $0.62, having crossed above the previous peak price of $0.5415 on Monday.
- The cryptocurrency has chalked up a 35-fold rise on a year-to-date basis, and the Polygon price has gained 50% this week.
- The price rally has pushed MATIC's market capitalization above $3.04 billion.
- Network overload and high transaction costs on Ethereum's blockchain have increased demand for layer 2 scaling projects like Polygon facilitating faster and cheaper transactions using sidechains running alongside Ethereum's main chain.
- Chart analysts foresee a stronger rally in the coming days for the Polygon price as the latest move above $0.60 has confirmed a channel breakout on the daily chart, opening the doors for a continuation of the broader bull run from December lows near $0.0142.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2023, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.