BitPay's U.S. cardholders can now add their prepaid Mastercard to their Apple Pay wallets.
- Apple Pay functionality will allow cardholders to use their mobile devices to make purchases in store and online using the crypto held in their BitPay wallet.
- BitPay supports payment in PAX and BUSD.
- The announcement by BitPay states that support for Google Pay and Samsung Pay will be added later this quarter.
- Mastercard plans to allow merchants to receive in cryptocurrency directly on its network later this year, CoinDesk reported Thursday.
- A new report by RBC released Monday suggested that Apple enter the crypto space providing a wallet for the 1.5 billion users of its devices.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.