BitPay's U.S. cardholders can now add their prepaid Mastercard to their Apple Pay wallets.
- Apple Pay functionality will allow cardholders to use their mobile devices to make purchases in store and online using the crypto held in their BitPay wallet.
- BitPay supports payment in PAX and BUSD.
- The announcement by BitPay states that support for Google Pay and Samsung Pay will be added later this quarter.
- Mastercard plans to allow merchants to receive in cryptocurrency directly on its network later this year, CoinDesk reported Thursday.
- A new report by RBC released Monday suggested that Apple enter the crypto space providing a wallet for the 1.5 billion users of its devices.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.