Canadian bitcoin mining firm Bitfarms (BITF)https://hashrateindex.com/stocks/bitf-cv closed a fully subscribed private placement of common shares worth CAD$20 million, or over US$15 million.
- Bitfarms announced the sale Sunday, per a prior release.
- In total, the sale consisted of 8,888,889 shares.
- CEO Emiliano Grodzki said, "It has never been such an exciting time to be a part of the cryptocurrency mining industry." With miner manufacturers straining to meet the surging demand for new machines, he's not wrong.
- Shares of the Quebec-based company are trading hands at $3 currently, up nearly 500% in the past year.
- Bitfarms has a current market value of $260 million with 85.72 million shares outstanding.
See also: Bitfarms: A Race Against Time
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by Bullish, a cryptocurrency exchange, which in turn is owned by Block.one, a firm with interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets including bitcoin and EOS. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary, and an editorial committee, chaired by a former editor-in-chief of The Wall Street Journal, is being formed to support journalistic integrity.