BitMEX's latest futures listings bring another decentralized finance (DeFi) product to the cryptocurrency derivatives space.
- Polkadot (DOT) and Binance coin (BNB) contracts are also on the way.
- All three contracts will be paired against the dollar-linked tether (USDT) stablecoin.
- Currently live on BitMEX's testnet, the products are slated to start trading on Oct. 30 at 04:00 UTC.
- Yearn.finance is currently the ninth largest DeFi protocol, with $458 million locked up in liquidity, according to DeFi Pulse.
- It sets out to be the gateway to a range of yield-generating products.
- Meanwhile, DOT is the native token of Polkadot, a protocol for connecting decentralized applications and services, and BNB powers the ecosystem of cryptocurrency exchange Binance.
- "These three contracts aim to provide our users with quality coverage of highly liquid products," BitMEX said.
- The exchange rarely lists new contracts: last month it announced upcoming listings for Chainlink and Tezos futures, the first additions for two years.
- BitMEX was recently charged by U.S. authorities for allegedly facilitating unregistered trading.
- This week, the company brought forward a mandate for all customers to verify their identities by Nov. 5, three months earlier than planned.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.