Crypto trader, analyst and operator Qiao Wang looks at bitcoin’s macro resilience and why DeFi is here to stay.
Today on the Brief:
- Stimulus talk shutdown spooks markets
- House recommends antitrust actions but likely to get nowhere
- CBDC trial results from China
Our main discussion is with trader and entrepreneur Qiao Wang.
In this conversation, NLW and Qiao discuss:
- Bitcoin’s resilience in the face of a barrage of bad news
- Why DeFi is a natural next step from the foundation bitcoin has built
- How bitcoin could end up the reserve asset for DeFi
- Why regulation is the greatest threat to the spac
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.