One of the best-known macro analysts breaks down last week’s Jerome Powell speech and whether it truly represents a new policy era for the Federal Reserve.
Today on the Brief:
- Debt will exceed U.S. GDP for the first time since 1946
- SPACs in action!
- Decentralized exchange volume flippens centralized exchanges
Our main conversation is with Luke Gromen, founder of the Forest for the Trees consulting firm.
In this conversation, we discuss:
- Chairman Powell’s speech and whether this is a true policy departure
- The evolving relationship between the Federal Reserve and Treasury Department
- What it would mean to get China to start “footing the bill”
- The gold narrative
- Why stock price gains are unlikely to keep U.S. citizens satisfied with the economy for long
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.