One of the best-known macro analysts breaks down last week’s Jerome Powell speech and whether it truly represents a new policy era for the Federal Reserve.
Today on the Brief:
- Debt will exceed U.S. GDP for the first time since 1946
- SPACs in action!
- Decentralized exchange volume flippens centralized exchanges
Our main conversation is with Luke Gromen, founder of the Forest for the Trees consulting firm.
In this conversation, we discuss:
- Chairman Powell’s speech and whether this is a true policy departure
- The evolving relationship between the Federal Reserve and Treasury Department
- What it would mean to get China to start “footing the bill”
- The gold narrative
- Why stock price gains are unlikely to keep U.S. citizens satisfied with the economy for long
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is an award-winning media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. In November 2023, CoinDesk was acquired by Bullish, a cryptocurrency exchange, which in turn is owned by Block.one, a firm with interests in a variety of blockchain and digital asset businesses and significant holdings of digital assets including bitcoin and EOS. CoinDesk operates as an independent subsidiary, and an editorial committee, chaired by a former editor-in-chief of The Wall Street Journal, is being formed to support journalistic integrity.