Bitfinex Owner Invests $1M in Dusk's Security Token Exchange
The investment from Bitfinex's parent will go on getting Dusk Network's security token exchange off the ground.
Bitfinex parent iFinex has invested $1 million into Dusk Network, a Dutch-based company looking to create a regulated security token platform.
- Announced in a press release Tuesday, Dusk said the capital would go toward a new exchange that will bring new types of tokenized assets to the European market.
- Details remain thin on the ground, but the proposed exchange will list tokenized financial products such as equities, commodities, bonds and exchange-traded funds (ETFs).
- It will be wholly separate from Dusk Network itself, a spokesperson told CoinDesk.
- The exchange will adhere to the second Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID II) – a European Union regulatory framework for transparency and investor protection – and will, therefore, be able to operate across most of Europe.
- A Dusk spokesperson declined to comment on whether iFinex will receive an equity stake or token share in return for its investment.
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.
Learn more about Consensus 2024, CoinDesk’s longest-running and most influential event that brings together all sides of crypto, blockchain and Web3. Head to consensus.coindesk.com to register and buy your pass now.