From COVID-19 relapses to election insecurity, these factors drive defensiveness up and demand down.
Today on the Brief:
- Skepticism around Powell’s inflation prognostications
- The Tesla Stock Split Game
- China’s COVID-19 vaccine maker presses countries for early adoption
Our main discussion: The Anxiety Index
We live in an economy organized around consumption and perpetual growth. In that context, factors that cause consumers to be fearful, reduce spending, increase savings, move less and generally slow down can wreak havoc.
In this episode, NLW discusses four factors shaping and driving consumer anxiety, including:
- COVID-19 related concerns, both health and economic
- Monetary policy questions
- U.S.-China tensions
- Election insecurity
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.