From regulation-related shutdowns to a human IPO and G20 warnings about stablecoins, NLW breaks down a set of crypto trend stories that really aren’t about COVID-19.
Even as the market tries to make sense of everything happen (or ignores it, depending on your perspective), crypto keeps on plugging along.
Today on The Breakdown @NLW looks at five recent crypto stories that are representative of larger trends, including:
- Coinbase Custody enabling staking for Polkadot DOTs
- A Telegram-focused exchange shutting down due to regulatory compliance costs
- A $20,000 "Human IPO" on Ethereum
- Shapeshift acquires Portis & other crypto M&A
- A G20 report on the threat of stablecoins
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.