An off-the-cuff conversation about state power, nuance in an age of tribalism and where bitcoin meets politics, with Peter McCormack.
Peter McCormack is the host of What Bitcoin Did and the Defiance podcast. He recently returned from travel to a number of countries in South America including Venezuela and Colombia, as well as the Turkey-Greece border.
In this off-the-cuff and wide-ranging conversation, Peter and @NLW discuss:
- Bitcoiner politics and the bitcoin community’s reaction to the potential for increased state power in the wake of coronavirus
- Which types of state power growth we should be most concerned with
- How to push governments to retract power growth on the other side of crisis
- How travel around the world has informed Peter’s perspective on bitcoin and politics
- Why nuance is both disincentivized and sorely needed in times of crisis
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.