In the wake of U.S. President Donald Trump’s promise to “go big” on stimulus, where does bitcoin (BTC) and its safe-haven narrative stand?
President Trump and Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin announced a significant slate of upcoming stimulus measures, including deferred taxes and direct payments to Americans (although those details remain to be seen).
On this episode of The Breakdown, 10T holdings CEO Dan Tapiero joins us to discuss:
- How this forthcoming stimulus might impact upon the bitcoin narrative
- Why some traditional safe havens like bonds might not fare well in the coming markets while others like gold are poised to thrive
- Why markets could be positioning for a major bounce back
- Why the Federal Reserve has more tools in its toolkit than popular media and opinion are suggesting
- Why the dollar’s global strength is a major concern
- Why bitcoin is the only truly free market in the world
The leader in news and information on cryptocurrency, digital assets and the future of money, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups. As part of their compensation, certain CoinDesk employees, including editorial employees, may receive exposure to DCG equity in the form of stock appreciation rights, which vest over a multi-year period. CoinDesk journalists are not allowed to purchase stock outright in DCG.